Nigeyb

Nigeyb

Post Everything: Outsider Rock and Roll - Luke Haines "Post Everything: Outsider Rock and Roll" by Luke Haines.... Anther enjoyable romp through the murky mind and memories of Mr Luke Haines. If you're reading this then you're probably already aware of Mr Haines' oeuvre. Suffice to say he's one of those under-appreciated English mavericks who manage to carve out a career on the fringes of popular music. He is - in short - a national treasure. His books, like his music, offer black humour, wit, and a welcome respite from the mainstream, and - yes - entertainment. This is showbusiness after all, and there's no business...

Post Everything follows on from "Bad Vibes: Britpop and my part in its downfall", his previous memoir, and between them they offer an alternative history of Britpop and beyond. Probably all you'll ever need to read on that overhyped musical period (although "Kill Your Friends" by John Niven is a hilarious read and one I heartily recommend). So. In. A. Nutshell. Buy this. Read it. And then give Mr Haines some more money. We need him more than he needs us.